Windows Media Player (WMP) is an inbuilt truyền thông media player available on Windows. This Microsoft application allows you khổng lồ play media files & is known as the safest truyền thông tool.
Bạn đang xem: Windows media player encountered a problem while playing the file
However, most users have experienced this error, Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file. While this error can be tệp tin specific, it"s also likely that it can be caused by a fault in the system. In this post, we will show you some of the proven methods that can fix this error.
Part 1. Diagnose Windows Media Player Errors
WMPhường is available in all Windows operating systems designed khổng lồ allow you lớn open and use video & audio files of different formats. This is a simple application that meets most of your needs, but many users experience some serious errors while using it.
One of these errors is WMP. encountered a problem while playing the file. This occurs when you try khổng lồ open a tệp tin và the error prevents you from opening it.
WMP encountered a problem while playing the file error can appear when playing certain video tệp tin formats, such as WAV, AVI, & MOV đoạn Clip formats. AVI format works pretty well with most truyền thông media players but you can encounter this error on WMP. Also, this error can come suddenly despite playing your đoạn Clip files previously.
1. Introduce different causes of the error
As you can see, this error can appear due to lớn various reasons. Knowing the causes of this error can help you fix this problem. The causes of this error can be because of several reasons. These include the following:
The WMP. doesn"t support the đoạn phim or audio file format.There is a missing or wrong codec.The file is broken or damaged.There was improper conversion or transfer of the đoạn phim tệp tin.Windows operating software is outdated.
Part 2. Solve sầu "Windows Media Player Encountered a Problem While Playing the File"
Once you understand the reason why you are seeing the windows truyền thông player encountered a problem error, you can use the various solutions lớn fix this problem. If you don"t know the cause of this error, you don"t need lớn panic because you can use all these solutions one by one & find the one that works for you.
Method 1: Use Windows Media Player Troubleshooter
If you see the WMPhường encountered a problem while playing the tệp tin error, your first option is to lớn use the troubleshooter for Windows Media Player. You can go lớn the WMP setting và do the following:
1. Simultaneously, press the Windows + R options.
2. Then, in the Run dialogue box, type the following: msdt.exe cộ -id WindowsMediaPlayerConfigurationDiagnostic. Now, you can cliông chồng the OK button lớn get the Windows Media Player Settings option.
3. In the WMP settings, Cliông chồng the Advanced and choose the Run as administrator.
4. Cliông chồng the Next option và cliông xã the Apply this Fix to troubleshoot and solve sầu the error problem.
Method 2: Reinstall WMP
If this error message comes because of the problems in the Windows Media Player installation, perhaps reinstalling the application can fix this issue. So take the following steps lớn reinstall WMP:
1. You can go khổng lồ the Control Panel & choose the Programs và Features.
2. Clichồng the Turn Windows features on or off option.
3. In the new window, expvà the Media Features danh mục. Unkiểm tra the Windows Media Player và clichồng the OK button to confirm.
4. Lastly, restart your computer và go to lớn the Media Features menu. Then kiểm tra the Windows Media Player and play your truyền thông media files.
Method 3: Download Windows Media Play codecs
Codecs play an important role in compressing and decompressing videos when you play them in Windows Media Player. Therefore, you can encounter various error problems if you"re playing a Clip that doesn"t have the supported codec.
If you can play your videos on other truyền thông media players except on your device, the absence of the right codecs may be the culprit. So take the below steps lớn resolve sầu the problem:
1. Open your Windows Media Player & select the Tools > Options.
2. Click on the Player button. Right under the Player option, you will see the checkbox with Once a day, Once a week, etc.
3. Choose your desired option and cliông xã the OK button. This will make sure that the WMP codecs are automatically installed when available.
4. Alternatively, you can download a codec paông chồng for Windows. You see, a codec pack can help you lớn play most of the video tệp tin formats. Some of these codec packs include Shark007X Codec Paông xã, K-Lite Codec Paông xã, and X Codec Pachồng.
Method 4: Convert a video format khổng lồ another format
The truth is that the Windows Media Player cannot play videos that are not compatible with it. Hence, the Windows Media Player shows encountered a problem while playing the file could be because of an incompatible Clip or audio tệp tin.
In this case, you need to lớn convert the đoạn Clip tệp tin to a different format. You can use any of the available media file converter tools lớn convert the tệp tin khổng lồ WMV, MP4, MOV, or any other Windows Media Player compatible file formats.
Method 5: Disable the network sharing service on your Windows Media Player
The network sharing service can sometimes cause the WMPhường encountered a problem while playing the file. Therefore, here is how you can fix this problem:
1. Press the Windows button & R simultaneously to lớn open the Run window. In the dialogue box, type in the "services.msc" và clichồng the OK button.
2. Choose and right-clichồng the WMP Network Sharing Service. In the Properties, choose the Disabled option which is under the Startup type.
3. If the service status indicates it"s running, consider clicking the Stop button.
Method 6: Do the system restore
This method comes in handy when you recently installed an app on your computer. So here is the giảm giá khuyến mãi, if you started experiencing the error after installing a particular app, then try to restore your Windows computer khổng lồ its previous status.
You can use the Windows System Restore to bring it khổng lồ its previous working state. The good news is that this method doesn"t affect your data on the computer. Below are the steps to restore your Windows:
1. Press the Windows + R keys at the same time và cliông xã the Run button.
2. Now, type the following in the dialogue text box, rstrui, và click the OK button.
3. Clichồng the Next button in the system to lớn restore the window.
4. From the các mục, you can choose a restore point. Cliông chồng the Next và Finish option. Restart your Windows computer. The videos should now play in your Windows Media Player.
Method 7: Update Windows
If your Windows Media Player supports the media tệp tin extension but the extension of that tệp tin is not working, perhaps there is a conflict in the system. The best option is khổng lồ update Windows by taking the following steps:
1. To open the Settings, click on the Start option & click on the gear-lượt thích ibé.
2. Click on the Update which is in the Updates & Security.
3. Restart your computer when the update is done.
Method 8: Chechồng for any 3rd buổi tiệc nhỏ phầm mềm that can be interfering
The problem with third-buổi tiệc ngọt programs is that they can cause various problems, especially when you have just installed them on your computer. So you can remove sầu the interfering programs by taking the following steps:
1. Press the Windows inhỏ + R and write the commvà control panel. Then click the Enter khổng lồ get the Control Panel.
2. In the Apps và Features, arrange the programs according to their date of installation.
3. Chechồng for any recently installed programs that could be causing the error. Once you identify the programs, uninstall them.
Xem thêm: 80+ Những Câu Nói Tạm Biệt Bạn Bè Đi Xa ❤️️ Caption Chia Tay Hay Nhất
Part 3. Repair Videos Not Playing on Windows Media Player
When none of the above solutions khổng lồ fix the Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file don"t work, don"t thua hope. There are good chances that the đoạn phim or audio file is corrupt. In such cases, your best option is lớn use a video repair software.
With the help of Wondertóm tắt Video Repair software, you can fix a corrupted or damaged đoạn phim tệp tin that is unable to play on your Windows Media Player. Best of all, this tool has a simple interface, making it easy-to-use. Whether you are experiencing blurry or jerky videos, this software can repair your videos so that you can watch them once again in a matter of a few minutes. Some of the chất lượng features this tool has including the following: